- Click the categories link in the management panel.
- Click on the category where your product is.
- You will see no products. To fix that do the next bullet point:
- Press the “category products” radio button in the upper right of the screen to display the results of what is in that category.
- Click on the product you want to add an image to or change an image of.
- Click on “change image” radio box in first the “Thumbnail”
- Browser for the image on your drive (the Thumbnail should be 100pixles wide as most of them are and this way it will play well with the others)
- Click “Apply”
- Close the pop up window
- Make sure you type at least one space charachter in the “Short Description” field, as it is a required field.
- Then scroll down and click the “Save” radio box at the bottom of the page.
- Repeat for the one entitled “Product Image” (note for product image it must be 363 pixles or less in width or the design of the page will fall apart)
Things to note. The thumbnail should be smaller of an image size. The Product Image (big image) should not exceed 363 pixles.
How do I Tell How Big The Images Are In Pixles?
- In Windows Explorer if you right click on a .jpg image. Go to Properties.
- Go to the upper right tab called “Summary”
- Then click the tab called “Advanced” in the bottom right of that window.
- If you need help resizing your images e-mail them to me at email@example.com.
Find the Management square panel on the left.
- Click on “Categories”. Here will be a list of all the categories in the store thus far.
- Drill down to the highest category level you can by clicking on the red links of the name of the category. It will update your location. You will be at the highest level when the screen appears blank. Don’t panic there really are products here, instead click “category products” as shown below.
- Once you see the product you want to edit, click on its name or its SKU.
- Go down to the 3rd section called “classification”
- Find the “main category” drop down list. Drop it down to the category you would like the product in instead. Leave it there.
- Find the “details” section. Go to where it says “short description” we are not using this on our site. This is where the hack comes in. Notice this has an * that means it is a required field. So we need to put a blank space in here so it will save.
- To to that go to the “short description” field put the cursor there and type the space bar at least one time, mabye twice to make sure you got a space in there.
- Then it will save! (all the required fields have been filled)
- Go to scroll to the bottom of the page you will find a radio button called “save”. Click it and you are done.
Go to a product. Click into it to edit it. Click on “Product Options” in the “Product Management:” payne.
Then it takes you here:
Option Group Name: Something for the administrators only, just chose something that describes the variations. I usually use all caps sepearated with a underscore, and I keep it short.
Option Text: What the customer sees to tell them there options.
Click Update Option Group when done.
Follow the screen below to fillout a sample of colors for a proudct.
Option Group Type: Stick to Varients. Just be sure all the prices of the varients are the same or you will have to see another tutorial.
Options List: This is the meat. Type something and press the plus icon to accept what you typed. Change the Orderby field to 1,2,3. 1 is whatever one you want first, ect.
Once you make your screen look like the one above be sure to click “Add Option Group.”
To see what you have done: Follow the link automatically provided for you upon finishing a variant set. OR click on “Product Options” in the “Product Management:” payne, under “In this section” where all of the things to do with the product you are currently editing are. That takes you to the same place.
It should look like the below:
Use “Administration” panel. Then go to “Payment Methods” and setup.
Go to Management Panel on left. Go to Categories. Scroll down to Featured Products, click browse and navigate the menus. Pick some products. Side note, make sure they are set to “available for sale = Yes”. Or else they will not show up.
Administration Panel. General settings. Scroll half way down to general paramaters and clear out the Alternate currency setting.